Conditions of participation and privacy notice competition „2017 Paris-Roubaix Helmet“
No purchase or payment is required to participate in or win the competition „2017 Paris-Roubaix Helmet“, nor will these improve your chances of winning.
- The conditions of participation and privacy notice regulate participation in the competition run by ABUS August Bremicker Söhne KG, Altenhofer Weg 25, 58300 Wetter (hereinafter ABUS) by participants, as well as the collection and use of the data obtained or provided by the participants.
- By participating in the competition, participants accept the conditions of participation and guarantee that their entries comply with the rules stated in the conditions of participation.
2. Competition conditions of participation
- The competition „2017 Paris-Roubaix Helmet“ starts when the competition post is shared on Facebook and ends at 12:00 Central European Time (CET) on 20nd March 2017.
- Eligible participants include all persons, worldwide, who are at least 16 years old at the time of their participation. Excluded from participation are ABUS employees and employees of cooperating partners who are or were involved in the creation or running of the „2017 Paris-Roubaix Helmet“ competition.
- During the competition period (see 2.1), participants will be entered into a draw to win one (1) Paris-Roubaix 2016 version helmet. With regard to the time of participation, all participants’ entries will be considered so long as they are submitted during the competition time period (see 2.1).
- Participants enter the „2017 Paris-Roubaix Helmet“ competition by posting a comment (image and text) in the comments section of the competition post.
- The competition post comment with the most likes wins.
3. Usage rights, indemnity and liability
- ABUS is not obliged to publish content submitted by participants (for example pictures or texts), nor to review content for potential violations of third-party rights. However, ABUS is entitled to reject content, especially when ABUS considers it to be unlawful, immoral or in violation of ABUS’ corporate principles in any way. By uploading content according to the abovementioned criteria, participants are declaring that the content is free from third-party rights and therefore that the content either belongs to them or they have obtained the consent of the author as well as that of persons depicted in any photos. The participants release ABUS and its employees, partners, and any advertising agencies, etc. who are or were involved in the creation or settlement of the competition from all third-party claims arising from the content submitted by the participants. Furthermore, the participants agree to support ABUS in any reasonable manner in defending against such claims.
- The participants agree that their submissions made in connection with the competition and the prize draw, the handling and presentation of participants’ contributions (under the publication of the participants’ names) may be used both in online and offline media (e.g. print media), processed and otherwise made available to third parties. Moreover, for these purposes, ABUS is permitted to edit the submissions and – if necessary – grant the usage rights to third parties. This granting of usage rights is done free of charge and without spatial, content-related or time limitations. The publication of content is not an indication that the respective participant has won.
- It is not possible to receive the value of the prize in cash or material assets, to exchange the prize or to transfer it to another person. The participant may choose to forego the prize. In such an event, the second-place winner takes the winner’s place. The prize handover will be arranged with the respective participants individually.
- The winner will be informed by Facebook message immediately after the end of the competition period. If the winner fails to respond by 9:00am (CET) on 30/03/2017 and provide an address to which the helmet should be sent, the prize will be forfeited and the winner will not be entitled to any further claims. The size of the helmet will also be discussed with the winner.
- If the contact information is incorrect (e.g. invalid email address), ABUS will be under no obligation to look up any accurate addresses. Any disadvantages arising from providing incorrect contact information are at the expense of the participant.
5. Disclaimer of warranty
- ABUS points out that the availability and correct operation of the competition cannot be guaranteed. The competition may be terminated or removed due to external circumstances or constraints without any claims of the participants against ABUS arising therefrom.
- This can include technical problems, rule changes or decisions taken on platforms such as Facebook in cases where the competition is conducted via, or in connection with, such a platform.
- In terms of ABUS’ liability for compensation, the following exclusions and liability limitations apply irrespective of other legal eligibility criteria as per this clause 6.
- ABUS accepts unlimited liability if the cause of damage was based on intent or gross negligence.
- Furthermore, ABUS shall be liable for the failure to meet material obligations (the violation of which endangers the achievement of contractual aims) through ordinary negligence, and for the violation of obligations, without whose fulfilment the due performance of the competition would not be possible and upon whose fulfilment the participant routinely relies. In this case, however, ABUS is only liable for the foreseeable, contractually typical damage. ABUS is not liable for the violation of any obligations as a result of ordinary negligence other than those mentioned in the sentences above.
- The abovementioned liability limitations do not apply in the following instances: loss of life, bodily injury or adverse effects on health, the presence of a defect after quality guarantees for the quality of an item has been accepted, and the fraudulent concealment of defects. Liability shall be unaffected according to product liability law.
- Insofar as ABUS' liability is excluded or limited, this also applies to the personal liability of ABUS’ employees, representatives and agents.
7. Privacy notice
- ABUS collects and uses the participants’ data for the duration of the competition (see 2.1) for the purpose of the competition’s performance and settlement, but only to the extent permitted by law or the participants consent.
- The following participant data will be collected by ABUS and used for the organisation, implementation and running of the „2017 Paris-Roubaix Helmet“ competition: participant’s name, Facebook user name and address.
- Participants can request from ABUS information about which personal data has been stored by ABUS during the course of the competition, can request the correction or deletion of this data or revoke their consent to data usage at any time by submitting a written or text form notice.
8. Information and conditions regarding Facebook
- Participants cannot make any claims against Facebook in connection with their participation in this competition.
- Participants acknowledge that the „2017 Paris-Roubaix Helmet“ competition is in no way sponsored by, endorsed by, administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- All information and data that is shared or collected by participants during the „2017 Paris-Roubaix Helmet“ is only provided to ABUS and not to Facebook.
- All enquiries and information relating to the „2017 Paris-Roubaix Helmet“ competition should be directed to ABUS and not to Facebook.
9. Miscellaneous provisions
- These conditions of participation are governed solely by the law of the Republic of Germany.
- Should any of these provisions be or become invalid, the validity of the remaining conditions of participation remains unaffected by this.
- These conditions of participation may be changed at any time by ABUS without separate notice.