Comparison of wired/hybrid and wireless alarm
Functionally wired/hybrid and wireless alarm systems do not compete. Both offer the same alarm types and reactions, are similar or even identical in programming and signalling and standard detectors can be integrated in both. Only the installation is different: While existing buildings can be retrofitted with wireless alarm systems, wired/hybrid alarm systems are suitable for new buildings or renovation, where cable ducts in walls and flush can be planned in the construction phase. Thus you should take the edificial situation into account when deciding between wired/hybrid and wireless alarm systems.
Application areas for wired alarm systems:
- Wired/hybrid alarm systems are suitable for medium to large-scale objects such as commercial buildings, factory floors and offices.
- In the commercial sector, wired alarms are usually the system of choice, as an installation is generally easier and mostly longer distances have to be covered.
- Wired/hybrid alarm systems make sense in the private sector when the building is under construction or is being renovated.
Application areas for wireless alarm systems:
- Wireless alarm systems are suitable for smaller and larger-scale houses or apartments, and for smaller or medium-scale commercial objects.
- Wireless alarm systems are the system of choice for retrofitting and can be quickly and cleanly installed by a security expert.