Frame Lock TECTIC™ 496
The ABUS TECTIC™ 496 Frame Lock is quick and easy to use and offers good protection against low risk of theft.
SECURITY WITH ABUS QUALITY
Even in the basic protection range, ABUS offers consistently outstanding quality. Both in terms of technology and choice of materials.
We recommend the TECTIC™ 496 Frame Lock for securing low-cost bikes. The bike lock offers good protection against low risk of theft and is classified as a security level 6 lock. The shackle, the housing and the structural parts of the TECTIC™ 496 Frame Lock's locking mechanism are manufactured from specially hardened steel. To keep your bike even more secure against theft, we recommend the use of a second lock in the form of an ABUS U-lock or chain lock.
- 8.5 mm thick locking shackle
- The shackle, the case as well as supporting elements of the locking mechanism are made of specially hardened steel
- The R (key retaining) version holds the key when the lock is open, the NR (non key retaining) version allows taking the key out of the cylinder
Operation and use:
- Good protection at low theft risk
- Recommended for the protection of low-range bicycles
- LH - Easy mounting by screwing to the rear struts
- The Clutching Strap LH Adaptor offers an alternative attachment option if no mounting points are available on the rear structure
- Frame locks are a convenient protection against unauthorized use of the bicycle
- The use of a second lock besides the frame lock is highly recommended
The frame lock are basic security devices for almost any bike. These practical frame lock is light and quick to use to protect your bike against unauthorised use. They can be connected to other accessories such as chains or cables to protect your bike even more effectively against theft. The frame locks are available either with keys that can be removed when they are open or with keys that cannot be removed.
Other interesting products from the category Frame locks