Frame Lock TECTIC™ 496
The ABUS TECTIC™ 496 Frame Lock is quick and easy to use and offers good protection against low risk of theft.
SECURITY WITH ABUS QUALITY
Even in the basic protection range, ABUS offers consistently outstanding quality. Both in terms of technology and choice of materials.
We recommend the TECTIC™ 496 Frame Lock for securing low-range bikes. The bike lock offers good protection against low risk of theft and is classified as a security level 6 lock. The shackle, the housing and the structural parts of the TECTIC™ 496 Frame Lock's locking mechanism are manufactured from specially hardened steel. To keep your bike even more secure against theft, we recommend the use of a second lock in the form of an ABUS U-lock or chain lock.
- 8.5 mm shackle
- The shackle, the housing and the locking mechanism’s load-bearing parts are manufactured from specially hardened steel
- In the R version, the key remains in the cylinder when the lock is opened; in the NR version, it can be pulled out
Operation and use:
- Great protection where there is a low risk of theft
- Recommended for the protection of low-range bicycles
- LH – easy to mount to the threaded rear frame
- The Clutching Strap LH Adaptor offers an alternative attachment option if no mounting points are available on the rear structure
- Frame locks are light and quick to use to protect your bike against unauthorised use
- The use of a second lock alongside the frame lock is highly recommended
- The lock is only available in NKR version, which means the key can be removed when the lock is open
The frame lock are basic security devices for almost any bike. These practical frame lock is light and quick to use to protect your bike against unauthorised use. They can be connected to other accessories such as chains or cables to protect your bike even more effectively against theft. The frame locks are available either with keys that can be removed when they are open or with keys that cannot be removed.
Other interesting products from the category Frame locks